- BACKPACKS: By far the most commonly used option. These models are attached with a harness made of a cylindrical or flat rope. The harness can surround the wings, legs, chest or neck depending on the specie and method used.
General rule dictates that birds can carry up to 3% of their own weight on a Backpack. There are 2 main types of Backpacks:
- BR - Backpack for Round rope: 2 holes are included on the transmitter so a cylindrical rope can pass through. Diameter of the holes is defined by the customer. In some options only one hole is needed. Holes can go parallel (mainly for ducks) or perpendicular to the main length of the transmitter.
- BF - Backpack for Flat rope: Metal buckles are included so a flat rope can pass through. This option is
- mostly used for raptors. Width and height of the holes can be defined by the user.
- TAILMOUNT: Transmitter is attached to the tail feathers by sewing and sometimes reinforced with glue. Perfect option for young birds and/or when it is desired that the transmitter will fall when feathers are molted. Diameter of the holes is specified by the user. General rule dictates that birds can carry up to 1.5% of their own weight on a Tailmount.
CLICCATE QUI PER SCARICARE L'INTERA LISTA DI TRASMITTENTI DISPONIBILI PER IL RADIOTRACKING DEGLI UCCELLI